Customize Your Start Menu: Adding Custom Folders and Shortcuts
The start menu is a convenient way to access your favorite apps and folders on Windows. By default, it includes folders like Documents, Downloads, Videos, Pictures, and Settings, among others. However, did you know that you can also add custom folders to your start menu for quick and easy access? In this article, we'll take a closer look at how you can choose what folders appear on start and add custom folders to your start menu.
Choosing What Folders Appear on Start
- Click on the Start button and select "Settings" (the gear icon).
- Choose "Personalization" from the options.
- Click on "Start" in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the "Choose which folders appear on Start" section.
- Toggle the switch next to each folder to turn it on or off.
Adding Custom Folders to Your Start Menu
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder you want to add to your start menu.
- Right-click on the folder and select "Pin to Start" from the context menu.
- The folder will now appear on your start menu.
You can also add custom shortcuts to your start menu by following these steps:
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop and select "New" and then "Shortcut."
- In the "Create Shortcut" window, enter the location of the file or folder you want to add.
- Click "Next" and give the shortcut a name.
- Click "Finish" to create the shortcut.
- Right-click on the shortcut and select "Pin to Start" from the context menu.
Watch More: How to enable god mode in windows 10
Written by admin
This post currently has no responses.